Re: ALSA driver help

On Sun, 2002-07-14 at 16:14, Ivo Wever wrote:
Did alsaconf decide to load all these modules or did you decide that?
I only have snd, snd-pcm, snd-timer, snd-ac97-codec and the appropriate
cardspecific driver (snd-via8233 for me) loaded. If I load the OSS
modules as well, sound doesn't work anymore. Perhaps you should try

Ivo
I just installed the Debian packages of ALSA (didn't know about them before, d'oh!) and I ran alsa-conf.  It gave this error message after it finished configuring my SBLIVE:
     Starting ALSA sound driver (version 0.9.0rc2): no sound cards defined
     Setting the PCM volume to 100% and the Master output volume to 50%
     amixer: Mixer attach default error: No such file or directory
     Could not initialize the mixer, the card was probably not detected correctly.
--
Namárië!

GPG Public Key -
http://pgp.mit.edu:1137/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xC475AF34