wu-imapd issues

I am trying to get wu-imapd to allow access to mail retrieved with
fetchmail. The fetchmail bit works just fine, but when I connect to the
wu-imapd daemon I do not get any mail. There is definitely unread mail
sitting in /var/spool/mail/peter, and I am connecting as the proper
user. Unfortunately, there really isn't any documentation available for
wu-imapd, as it is supposed to "just work." Any ideas as to what the
problem is? Or, failing that, what is the next easiest imap server to
setup?

Much thanks,
Peter

--
What was once is gone. What will be has not yet come. What is is all
that is real. Live for the now.