Re: Preparation for Debian Installatin

On Sun, Jul 14, 2002 at 03:03:40PM -0500, Kent West wrote something like this:

> alex wrote:
>
> >All the furor about the difficulty in installing Debian makes me wonder.
> >
> >What kind of preparation will improve your chances of doing a successful
> >Debian installation?
> >

> >2.  Study the documentation (TFM) that describes the installation and
> >the options
> >    before doing the installation.
> >
> 1.    Know what hardware you have.

Yes...find out as much as you can about your hardware and if you plan
on connecting to the net ( and I suppose you are) make sure you have
written down all the information you'll need to connect to your ISP

I really liked Dwarf's Guide

http://people.debian.org/~psg/ddg/

the install guides are available from the Debian Doc page

http://www.debian.org/doc/

Also a quick Google search on "Installing Debian" should give you a
few useful hits

...and actually I thought the Debian install was as easy as RH's or
Suse and bit more to my liking since I didn't feel like I was giving
up all power and choice to some cool looking graphic installer.

--
Someone had to put all that chaos there