Re: Debian and APM

On Saturday 13 July 2002 18:20, Colin Watson wrote:
> I'm told that this is only if there are pending writes to the disk, and
> my laptop is capable of spinning down its disks for longer than that now
> despite using ext3. You do have to experiment quite a bit to make sure
> there's nothing that writes to your disk frequently, though. Using the
> 'noatime' mount option may help.

Hi Colin

Are you sure that you are not using ACPI to Supsend the _whole_ system to
RAM/HDD? In that case the system can't do anything anymore because its
controlled by the BIOS. I can do this here. Then the whole system is shut
down and nothing internally can rewake it. I have to do it on the
Keyboard/Power Button.

Many Laptops chips have their own independent Power saving systems (ACPI
based) wich do power saving on their own, without asking the OS first (that
was a solving for the NT4 leak in APM/ACPI support)
--
Raffaele Sandrini <rasa@gmx.ch>
Annoyed about M$ Windows? Don't worry. Try Linux! (www.linux.org)