Re: mutt and evolution on same mboxes

On Sat, Jul 13, 2002 at 10:19:02PM -0400, Matt Price wrote:

| Is it safe to use the two programs on the same mbox's?

Yes, as long as they don't try to access it at the exact same moment.

| When I've tried it it's ended up confusing evolution...

Really?  Maybe evolution doesn't use normal mbox folders, or maybe it
stores some external index and doesn't like it when some other
application modifies the data but doesn't update the index.

| which is a drag since I'm not that familiar with mutt and also
| haven't figured out how  to set up my computer to send messages with
| it yet (this problem I hope to solve on my own...).
|
| anyway, was wondering if anyone had t ried this.  t hanks,

Not with evolution, but I have used the same mbox files with
    elm, mutt, balsa, mahogany, netscape, <others?>
in addition to
    sendmail, exim, procmail, maildrop, and vim

You can tell from my User-Agent: header that I like mutt.  You can
also tell from Received: headers that I use exim.  If you have
questions on using/configuring either of them feel free to ask (on
debian-users, exim-users, or mutt-users).

There is really nothing you need to configure with mutt itself to send
mail.  All you need is to configure exim properly.  You can test it
with
$ /usr/sbin/exim dman@dman.ddts.net <<EOF