Re: Problem for X Window, mouse, gpm, PS/2, IMPS/2, erratic mouse, middle button

Are you also running gpm? If so, that could be solved by

in /etc/gpm.conf:

device=/dev/psaux
repeat_type=raw
type=imps2              # ps2 if you don't have IntelliMouse or equivalent

in /etc/X11/XF86Config:

Protocol        "IMPS/2"        # PS/2 to correspond with ps2 in /etc/gpm.conf
Device          "/dev/gpmdata"

IMPS/2 gives you middle-button cut-and-paste. Using gpm gives you the same
capability in consoles.

If you don't care about gpm, just kill it, and your mouse should work.

I had posted the above under the subject of "mouse, gpm, PS/2, IMPS/2,
erratic mouse, middle button | was: Mouse Problems". But it looks like that
wasn't enough to allow you to search for it. Hence  the new subject.

Elaine

listmaster@lists.debian.org