Re: bugs in woody?

On Sun, Jul 14, 2002 at 01:25:04PM +0200, Helgi ?rn wrote:
> On Sun, 2002-07-14 at 02:28, Stephen Turner wrote:
> > OHHH!!! that would explain one of the other packages erroring out and
> > having the "potato" as part of its name! hey im pretty sure thats it!
> > thanks man!.... uh, now how do you edit the sources list again? :-p i
> > forgot that part, its been a while since i used debian
>
> Please send your mail *To:* or *Cc:* to the list NOT *Bcc:*, if you
> don't know why you should do that then ask the list...:-)

I would say that if you're worried about it one way or the other then
you should probably improve your mail filters. :)

For what it's worth, here's the relevant part of my .procmailrc:

  DEBLISTS=announce|devel|devel-announce|policy|private|user|testing|mentors|qa|qa-packages|legal

  # Gah. Every so often murphy's blocking seems to fail.
  :0:
  spam

  # murphy already runs spamassassin over Debian list mail.
  :0:

This doesn't break when somebody Bcc:s a list, and it also makes the
mail filter significantly simpler than trying to split up To: and Cc:
lines correctly. (At least, I'm guessing you're objecting because your
filters deposited it somewhere you weren't expecting - I'm sorry if I'm
wrong.)