Re: Troublesome install of X

Hi Brian,

1. DON'T PANIC.

2. When you see the X screen, Ctrl+Alt+F1 will take you to a text console
where you can log in and try to fix your X config. For hints read
/var/log/XFree86.0.log . Or post that to the list, you'll probably find
somebody who can help you.

3. Backup is never wrong, but normally a linux install does not affect the
windoze partition. Probably you don't have to reinstall anyway.

4. BTW, besides mc there are other good text-based things: emacs (editor),
mutt (mail), w3m (web browser), ... But I agree that it is more fun
to have X.

HTH, Joachim

--
Joachim Fahnenmüller