Re: D-Link DFE-650TX

rdmyers@netzon.net (Rodney D. Myers) writes:

> [1  <text/plain; us-ascii (7bit)>]
> On 13-Jul-2002 Bob Proulx wrote:
>
> You know. I don't remember which card gave me 4 hours of heartache. All
> I remember was the "+" behind the dlink name. It was on a friends IRLP
> (Internet Radio Linking Project [HAM Radio]) computer a few months ago.
>
> If both cards you mentioned work, even better.
>
> It appears I'm in error. Sorry about that.
>
>> On Fri, Jul 12, 2002 at 07:55:39PM -0700, Rodney D. Myers wrote:
>>> I didn't catch the first of the thread.
>>>
>>> Make sure you're not using the "+" version. It does not work under
>>> linux.
>>
>> The D-Link DFE-650TX+ does not work?  Or the DFE-530TX+ does not work?
>> I personally have the DFE-530TX+ and it works fine with Linux.
>>
>> Note that the '+' is an important distinction and uses a different
>> driver than the non-'+' version.  The TX uses the via-rhine driver and
>> the TX+ uses the RealTek driver.  FWIW the TX+ is a WOL card.  I have
>> only ever used the DFE-530TX+ myself.

I have some DFE=530TX+ that work, and some newer ones that do
not. At least with my 2.4.18 kernel. Look like it might have
been possible with 2.2.x kernel. I thought about trying to hack
the driver, but just threw them in the spare parts box instead.

Paul

--
*  For God so loved the world that He gave his only begotten Son,  *
*  that whoever believes in Him should not perish...    John 3:16  *