Re: Printing on Lexmark z53 [SOLVED]

well...

for some reason it just started working!  I can't explain it, paul  the
errors fyou were pointing out in your last round of comments were mostly
a result of my poor emailing. DeviceURI test:/dev/null was in fact the
line written in printers.conf .  and the /dev/usb/lp0 was actually only
the device written in my second printer definition, which I only added
after the first printers till wouldn't work.  but maybe I had forgotten
to restart cups properly, or something.

In any case THANK YOU once again for solving my problems!!!

matt