Re: Printing on Lexmark z53

I posted a few messages about how I got my z53 to work with cups.  It sounds like you're on the right track.  Here's what you should try next:

1. turn up the LogLevel (cupsd.conf) to debug

2. make sure you're using the "lexmarkinkjet" cups driver.  this probably were you went wrong, so I'll provide more details.  You need the a PPD file that uses lexmark's filter (the rpm you installed).  This is the "lexmarkinkjet" filter.  I found it on rpmfind in a package called something like cups-lexmark-driver.  You need to copy this PPD file to /usr/share/cups/model/Lexmark.

3. restart cups, re-add your printer, etc.  Cups should have added your printer to its dbase (you can check the error_log)

4. edit the /etc/cups/printers.conf file so that the DeviceURI line reads "test:/dev/null" instead of usb:/dev/usb/lp0, etc.

5. restart cups again and hope it works

Good luck.
-Paul

P.S. I can send ya my PPD file if you want.