Strange disconnections with windows

	I'm running my first debian install after working with RedHat for a long time.
I installed from CDROM 2.2_r_5 updated from http mirror, then updated from stable to testing. (no kernel upgrade so still 2.2.19)

I have tried to remotely connect to the machine with both telnet, ssh (1 with 3DES and blowfish) and ssh 2. I connect successfully but a few minutes later the connection breaks. The process remains running on the debian box.

This happens from WinXp and from Win2k with Secure CRT 3.4.5 and the built in windows telnet. However if I ssh to a RedHat box then ssh on from that the connection remains stable. All machines are on the same hub so there is no routing equipment involved.

Any suggestions what might be causing this or where I can look for further info?

it cant be an ident lookup or anything can it? I see nothing strange in the logs (perhaps I'm not looking in the right place?)

Thanks