Re: Evaluating MTA's

On Wed, Jul 10, 2002 at 09:22:03AM -0700, nate wrote:
> <quote who="Paul Sargent">
>
> > Does anybody have any opinions on what would be best?
> > Are there any resources out there that will give me a good overview of
> > all the MTAs?
>
> the job this server is doing is extremely simple. i don't think
> really any one MTA would be better over another for just forwarding
> messages.

> I would look more into IF you want antivirus support,

Assuming the machine can take the load, we'll put in on. The earlier we can
get rid of unneeded stuff, the lighter the load on all the other machines.

> what will you use,

Network Associates VirusScan (we have the licences already), I see amavis
supports this, so that could be a good option.

> and what does that support? I use amavis(amavis.org)
> with both postfix and sendmail. postfix is more simple to configure
> but sendmail works just as good too.

Thanks, I'll look a little more into postfix.

> some like qmail, which i really don't like since it seems to be
> hardly maintained anymore, [...]

and so start the holy wars :)