PCMCIA network card with woody install

Hey there all, I have an old Panasonic Toughbook here (P133, 16MB RAM), and a linksys PCMCIA 10bT card, which is listed in /etc/pcmcia/network and uses the pcnet_cs driver, the card works great in Win98, and I'd LIKE to do a network install of woody on this machine, as it has no CD-ROM access, and I'd rather not do it over a modem.........   I have NO experience with PCMCIA, and via lsmod I see the driver module is installed, but ifconfig isn't showing anything for eth0, is there something I'm missing????

				--Shawn