OT:Re: Linux-based editor for PowerPoint presentations?

--- Paul Johnson <baloo@ursine.dyndns.org> wrote:

> On Sun, Jul 07, 2002 at 10:26:10AM -0400, Thatcher Ulrich wrote:
> > I need to make a set of slides for playback at a conference on a
> > Windows machine -- ideally I'd use something that can generate a MS
> > PowerPoint compatible file.  Any suggestions?  I took a look at
> > KPresenter, but it doesn't look like it can save in the PowerPoint
> > format.
>
> Check out openoffice.  You may need to add this to your
> sources.list...
>
> # OpenOffice
> deb ftp://ftp.vpn-junkies.de/openoffice unstable main contrib
> deb-src ftp://ftp.vpn-junkies.de/openoffice unstable main contrib
>

> - --
> Baloo
I "grew up" on MS Word/Excel... It took me a long time to get used to
StarOffice.  I've never tried OpenOffice.  For those that have used all
three is it worth the extra effort to learn OpenOffice, or are the
capabilities similar enough that I can just stick with StarOffice?

Opinions welcomed :)

Shawn

=====
Shawn Lamson
Debian/GNU Linux Woody
Kernel 2.2.19pre17
XFree86 Version 4.1.0.1 / X Window System
Jesus Loves You!