Re: Linux-based editor for PowerPoint presentations?

On Sun, Jul 07, 2002 at 07:35:42AM -0700, Paul Johnson wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 07, 2002 at 10:26:10AM -0400, Thatcher Ulrich wrote:
> > I need to make a set of slides for playback at a conference on a
> > Windows machine -- ideally I'd use something that can generate a MS
> > PowerPoint compatible file.  Any suggestions?  I took a look at
> > KPresenter, but it doesn't look like it can save in the PowerPoint
> > format.
>
> Check out openoffice.  You may need to add this to your sources.list...
>
> # OpenOffice
> deb ftp://ftp.vpn-junkies.de/openoffice unstable main contrib
> deb-src ftp://ftp.vpn-junkies.de/openoffice unstable main contrib
Hm is there still a standalone player avaible like it was for StarOffice 5.2?

I burned the installed players for Windows and Linux + my presentation on
a CD-RW for my presentations in school to be prepared in nearly all
situation. That has fixed the export problems back into the ppt format.

Another very cool idea would be to use Knoppix [1] wich comes with OpenOffice
by default - that make yous realy independent.

Sven

[1] http://www.knopper.net/knoppix/

--
Sven Hoexter -=|=- Earth - Germany - Leverkusen
NOTICE: you have just been infected with Cooperative UNIX Email Virus,