Re: Cyrus vs. UW IMAP + procmail question

On Sat, 2002-07-06 at 12:14, nate wrote:
> <quote who="Balazs Javor">
> > Hi,
>
> > So my question is whether there is any overwhelming reason to use
> > Cyrus instead of UW? Are there any known problems with UW?
> > And generally why do people prefer Cyrus over UW?
>
> if you really need procmail for mail sorting i would possibly
> stick with UW. I haven't seen a way to use procmail with cyrus
> 1.5(debian's version). I have cyrus on a lot of systems but mail
> sorting is always done client-side.

I believe that you can do server-side filtering using sieve. I am not
quite sure how one sets that up though. It would surprise me if there
was a way to make procmail deliver messages to a specific place within
the cyrus mail database.

> > Additionaly if anyone can offer some thoughts on how to best implement
> > the above mentioned functionality I would greatly appreciate it!
>
> have you looked at courier? i have heard its a good system too.
> it would be better then uw(faster), and more procmail friendly
> then cyrus i think.

This is how I am setup exim + procmail + courier + mutt/evo/squirrelmail
( + ldap :) ) and I am quite please with it

-Mark