Re: printing in Debian

On Sat, Jul 06, 2002 at 04:23:10PM +0200, Jan Fischer wrote:
| On Sat, 2002-07-06 at 15:44, CaT wrote:
| > On Sat, Jul 06, 2002 at 03:34:16PM +0200, Jan Fischer wrote:
| > > I also tried installing my printer (epson stylus photo 750) via cups.
| > > unfortunately i wasn't able to find out the right parameters for this
| > > printer. has anyone managed to get this printer working?
| >
| > Check this out:
| >
| > http://www.linuxprinting.org/show_printer.cgi?recnum=60128
| >
| > That might help you out.
|
| thanks a lot!
| but what do i say in 'device uri'? i tried several possibilities but
| none of them succeeded :( it is a local parport printer.

Read the CUPS Administrators manual.  All the necessary information is
out there, you just need to read it (and sort out which stuff is
relevant for your system and choices; there are no less than 6
printing systems for UNIX-like operating systems).

parallel:/dev/lp0

-D

--

Stay away from a foolish man,
for you will not find knowledge on his lips.

http://dman.ddts.net/~dman/