Re: KDE or Gnome

On Fri, Jul 05, 2002 at 01:00:23PM -0700, Charles Baker wrote:
> I guess the other question remaining is, which would
> be least intrusive to the current setup? Would either
> replace wdm w/ their own display manager by default?
> I've probably got more of the GNOME libs installed
> already since I use GnuCash, Gnumeric and a few other
> GTK+ apps and hardly any KDE apps. Oh well. Guess I'll
> just try it out and see.....

I have wdm, Window Maker, and KDE all happily co-existing on my laptop.
When you install KDE, suddenly you'll notice a new 'kde2' option in the
"Start WM" menu in wdm.  Selecting that will give you KDE when you log
in.  Selecting wmaker or whatever other option you want will give you
that.  They really won't intrude on each other at all.

noah
(wdm maintainer)