mouse wheel + buttons 4 & 5

G'Day,

theres been a lot of discussion about mouse wheels recently and
microsoft's mouse type. One thing I havnt seen however is how to get
buttons 4 and 5 working correctly. Along with the mouse wheel.

Heres what I currently have happening with my MS USB optical mouse (Forgot
the correct name, opps)
When I click the thumb buttons they preform the normal 'non-thumb' buttons
action (eg. right thumb preforms a right click)
also when ever I mouse my wheel up the left button seems to be clicked
beforehand and then normal movement happens (scrolls up) this however
dosnt happen with wheel down.

Heres my setup:
/etc/X11/XF86Config-4 (XFree86 Version 4.1.0.1: rel 6510)
--- 8<--------------
Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier      "Optical Mouse"
        Driver          "mouse"
        Option          "CorePointer"
#       Option          "Device"                "/dev/input/mice"
        Option          "Device"                "/dev/gpmdata"
#       Option          "Protocol"              "ImPS/2"
        Option          "Protocol"              "ExplorerPS/2"
        Option          "Buttons" "7"
EndSection
--- 8<--------------

Of course gpmdata comes from gpm with the following setup:
/etc/gpm.conf
--- 8<--------------
device=/dev/input/mice
responsiveness=
type=imps2
append=""
repeat_type=raw

Thats the setup... any help would be nice,

thanks,
--
                  \\\
                8(o o)8