Re: Need web server recommendation

On Thursday 04 July 2002 01:25 pm, Derrick 'dman' Hudson wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 04, 2002 at 01:08:14PM -0500, Glen Lee Edwards wrote:
> | Thanks for your thoughts.  I was able to subscribe to the Apache
> | users list with my primary email address from my wife's Windows
> | box, which is behind a Debian firewall.  No problems, no questions.
>
> Share a bit of the setup of that windows machine ... I bet it reports
> the _correct_ domain in the envelope sender, rather than an incorrect
> one.

There's nothing fancy about it.  Outlook sends the mail through my ISP.
I can put in any email address I want in the From: field, and that's
the address I'm subscribed to.

> Actually, don't post that windows' MUA's setup yet, I'm writing a
> (long) explanation of what the problem is and how to correct it.
> Give a few minutes.

I hope your approach is better than Chuck Meads (Moongroup).  His
approach to envelope masquerading locked me into one outgoing email
address.  *Everything* I sent from here put the masquerade address in
the From: field.  His approach made Linux as a desktop worthless.  I
was forced to use linux as a web and mail server, but I had to use
Windows as my desktop PC.

> | I have no choice in using several email addresses.
>
> This is irrelevant.  See my next post for the explanation.

Hope so.  If it works you're the smartest mail guru I've met.

Glen