Re: Need web server recommendation

Vector writes:
>> I can't join the Apache mailing list.  Its spam filter won't allow me
>> in.  I've run into problems with Apache, not all domains are working.
>> So I have to change web servers to one that I can get support for.
>
>changing your webserver because you have a spam problem seems like a bit
>overkill.  I'd think you'd want to resolve the spam problem.  Why is the
>apache list seeing you as spam?  The rejected messages should offer you a
>hint.

Two problems:

1) It won't accept the email address in the "From:" field that I'm trying to
subscribe from, glen@fcwm.org.  Instead it subscribed my
username@canonical.machine.name - glenlee@hope-in-christ.fcwm.org.  This means
that I can only post from this username at this machine.  That won't work,
because I'm liable to post from any of the machines I happen to be working on at
the time.  Now I have to remember which list I've subscribed to from which
machine.

2) Regarding the spam problem, it's blocking my mail as spam because I don't have
the "Reply-to:" field filled out.  I do on Kmail, but not on Xemacs.  I prefer
to use Xemacs because I've used the same mail directory setup for years, and
Xemacs works with it.  Kmail has the Reply-to field filled out correctly, but
won't work with my mail folders.  I don't have time right now to rewrite the
lisp code in xemacs to correctly match the reply-to field with the email address
I'm posting from.

The bottom line: to post to the Apache users list I have to use Kmail at the
hope-in-christ machine on my system.  If I post from anywhere else it's blocked
as spam or as a non-member posting.

I'm not that dedicated to any server - Apache, Sendmail, Linux, etc., that I'll
let it run my life like that.  I need another web server that I can post to from
any machine on my setup using any legitimate MUA - Xemacs, Mutt, Pine, Kmail,
Mozilla, etc.

If I can't fix the problem I'm currently having with Apache, and if I can't find
another Linux based web server to use, I'll have to go with Windows.  As much as
I can't stand Gates, Linux with it's spam blocking idiocity is just as abusive
in the way it treats real people as Gates is.  Linux is quickly catching up with
Microsoft with the "do it my way or hit the road" attitude.

Glen