Re: Any way to recover files after partition corruption?

Paul Miller wrote:

I had some major problems with my partitions awhile ago -- partition
magic failed in the middle of an operation.  I was able to recover all
of my data using gpart and parted (both packages in unstable).  gpart
tries to guess what your partition table should look like and allows you
to manually edit it.  After writing the guessed partition table, I
copied all of the data to another drive and wrote a fresh MBR and
partition table.

Since you sent me a copy of this also I'll comment that my partition tables are just fine. It's *just* one corrupted file system.

Thanks,

Paul