Any way to recover files after partition corruption?

I've got a superblock corruption and cannot read the partition.
I shall have to reinstall Debian, which I can do on anothe part of the
disk, but there are some vital files in the corrupted partition.

Will any tools allow me to retrieve these, either from Linux or DOS?

AC

--
Anthony Campbell - running Linux GNU/Debian (Windows-free zone)
For electronic books on the Assassins and on homeopathy, skeptical

Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our
obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come
from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. [Carl Sagan]