Re: Any way to recover files after partition corruption?

Anthony Campbell wrote:

I've got a superblock corruption and cannot read the partition.
I shall have to reinstall Debian, which I can do on anothe part of the
disk, but there are some vital files in the corrupted partition.

Will any tools allow me to retrieve these, either from Linux or DOS?
There seem to be a number of tools to "undelete" files but I haven't yet found anything that easily works when the super blocks are gone. If someone knows about this I would like to know also.

Otherwise I am working on a program right now to do more than what I found so far. Someone actually reinitialized my main Debian partition from an install CD and I am working on finding any files left. I will gladly share this program when I get a little farther. It runs on Linux and will allow a fair amount of exploration.

Paul Scott