Re: Any way to recover files after partition corruption? -SOLVED

Thanks to everyone for helpful replies - stored up for the next time!

I've managed to get my partition back to life using the Debian Woody
cdrom. I was using a rescue floppy previously and the e2fsck on it
wouldn't work; however, the one on the Woody cdrom was brilliant and
fixed all the inode errors.

Anthony

--
Anthony Campbell - running Linux GNU/Debian (Windows-free zone)
For electronic books on the Assassins and on homeopathy, skeptical

Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our
obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come
from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. [Carl Sagan]