No network access after upgrading dhcpcd

Hi all !!

A few days ago I upgraded some packages (I do it rather frequently). dhcpcd
was upgraded from:

      stable  dhcpcd 1:1.3.17pl2-8   (36.3k)

      unstable  dhcpcd 1:1.3.22pl1-1   (46.5k)

I upgraded the packages using dselect. The installation process asked for
keeping the current config file or installing the new one provided with the
package. After looking at the differences, it seemed to me that they were
very different and that the new program would not understand the old config
file, so I installed the new file, which in fact assumes eth0 (the iface I
use) as default.

After this upgrade, eth0 doesn't go up properly at startup and I lost
network access. I couldn't get it up by hand either, but here I must admit
I'm not very much skilled with this task.

Additional info:

In /etc/interfaces:

iface eth0 inet dhcp
    hostname dhcpcd

I've searched the archives for the last few days, but this subject hasn't
been mentioned.

My box runs Debian unstable and kernel 2.4.13

Any help will be much appreciated. Please CC to me since I'm not subscribed
to the list right now.

Daniel Toffetti
-----
"There is no spoon..." - The Matrix