Re: Creating a mirror

On Mon, 2002-07-01 at 08:26, Bostjan Muller wrote:
> Hi!
>
> The LUGOS (Linux User Group Of Slovenia) is having a Linux Fest on
> Saturday. I have to create the archive of woody and sid, so the people
> there can update their distros from a local mirror, since the fascility
> does not have a very broad pipe to the net.
> I need some advice, how to create a mirror of just woody and sid
> distros, so I can create a local archive with them.
>
> Thank you in advance!

I use 'apt-move mirror' for my local mirror. It is easy to setup with a
config file '/etc/apt-move.conf'.  The downside to this is it does not
use 'pools' which is what >=Woody Official mirrors use, but it does work
with Official mirrors. It also moves packages from
'/var/cache/apt/archive' to a local mirror, saves all those previously
dl'd packages
--
Greg C. Madden
Debian GNU/Linux 3.0