Re: Dual boot win98 w/ 2 hard drives

On Fri, 2002-06-28 at 08:11, nick lidakis wrote:

> > If I'm not mistaken, Win98 insists on being in the first partition on
> > the first drive (e.g. /dev/hda1).
> >
> > Kent
> >

> So I would have to physically switch the drives (and jumpers) around?
nope
Grub and I think LILO both have the ability to switch the drive bios
numbers around thus fooling windows.  But the good news is that you can
leave win98 on hda1 and just install grub or lilo to hda.  I have had
this set up for quite a while even though I never boot into windows
anymore.  I dont even know if grub will boot windows acctually... havent
had a need to boot to windows since I changed over to grub... oh well...
I hear it works though.
--
-Peace kid
  Scott Henson	shenson2@wvu.edu

"God's the ultimate playa, so naturally He's going to have some haters,"
rapper Ice Cube said. "But these haters need to realize that  if you
mess with the man upstairs, you will get your ass smote. True dat."