Re: Comments on the new gnome-terminal.

On Fri, 2002-06-28 at 17:39, Rick Macdonald wrote:

> I believe the release notes for Gnome-2 say that you have to exit to get
> changes to take effect, and that this will be fixed for the next (minor)
> release. Have a look at the release notes. They say the purposely removed
> many configuration options throughout Gnome.

Exiting the terminal had no effect. I haven't tried restarting gnome
itself however.

I did, however, find a solution that works for me at least. I had tried
doing the changes by hand with no luck, as well as using gconftool with
no luck. All I had to do was use gconftool-2 and all is well now. Since
gnome-terminal is a Gnome 2 application I guess it needs the Gnome 2
gconftool? Hopefully this'll help someone else as well. And here's a
page with some decent documentation on gconf in general:

http://www.gnome.org/projects/gconf/

-Alex