Re: NFS and security

On Friday 28 June 2002 17:56, Bob Proulx wrote:
> > /path/to/system	10.1.1.0/24(rw,no_root_squash)
>
> Yes.  Why do you need the no_root_squash enabled?  I strongly
> recommend you disable that.  It is hard to think about any other
> security improvements while that is enabled.

I need it because the kernel wich mounts it connects to it as root. If root is
squashed to nobody he wont be able to any of the files because they owned by
root.

> You have /path/to/system which implies that you have multiple system
> images there.  More details would enable more informed suggestions.

I have a Debian server here. Here are clientimages and other stuff installed
like my nfsroot system. It stored in a directory on the server. So i don't
connect to a running system.

--
Raffaele Sandrini <rasa@gmx.ch>
Annoyed about M$ Windows? Don't worry. Try Linux! (www.linux.org)