NFS and security

Hi

I recently set up a very little debian system wich i use fo maintaince and
setup on my clients. Its loaded via the NFSROOT feature of the 2.4 kernel. To
do that i needed to set up a exports entry like:

/path/to/system	10.1.1.0/24(rw,no_root_squash)

As you can see this is _very_ insecure cause everyone can conntect and alter
it who is in my network and has a machine on wich his root.
Ok to make it secure i could only let the machines access on wich would like
to start the system at the moment but its annoying to alter the exports file
everytime...
Is there a way to make that secure by still using NFS? (not initrd or similar
things)

cheers,
Raffaele
--