Re: log file size due to unwanted messages

On Thu, Jun 27, 2002 at 02:43:09PM -0400, James D. Freels wrote:
> Hello, I am seeking help due to the subject matter.  Specifically, I get a
> message in /var/log/auth.log for each minute tick when cron runs.  I also get

It would be usefull if you olso post the message you get.....

> an entry in /var/log/daemon.log for each hit off the ypbind network protocol
> that I do not even use (we have a busy network with lots of protocols).  In

It would be wise not to install or leave installed package thath you dont really need or use.
You may find out that this wos the one with the security hole that the haker-craker use to
take over your server.

Cheers,
	rak