Re: (solved; follow-up) Unable to make Linux bootable...

Quoting Ron Johnson:

>Congratulations!  Other than 24MB RAM & 428MB HDD, what
>are the machine's other specs?  From the size of the hard disk,
>it looks to be a mid-1990s 486, thus no PCI slots.

The computer is a 486, and I suspect it's a mid-1990s but don't know. I can check on other specifics, possibly, but would need directions on how to find them if I didn't already cover them in my first email (http://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2002/debian-user-200206/msg02559.html), since I included everything I could find and thought relevant.