Re: Preferred video cards for 3D?

On Thu, 2002-06-27 at 18:35, Michael Jinks wrote:

> I know this question gets asked on a regular basis, but given a need for
> quick and clear 3D imaging (OpenGL, usually), is there currently a clear
> preference for which video card to use?

I've had good experience with nVidia cards except their accelerated drivers
are "non-free" (closed-source). These drivers are very good with regards
to performance, but are known to be a bit buggy, though nVidia claims
this is a problem with the AGP port or something like that. It should be
possible to use them through Utah-Glx (a free implementation).

Bijan Soleymani
www.crasseux.com