Re: OpenOffice

On Mon, Jun 24, 2002 at 09:11:24AM -0700, David Richmond wrote:
> Sorry to jump in, but I'm a bit confused.  The OpenOffice.org packages
> current on http://www.linux-debian.de/openoffice installed fine on my woody
> system....although I may have grabbed some packages from sid as necessary.
> These were the "extra" packages that were installed upon apt-get install
> openoffice.org, with lines in sources.list for the UK mirror of the OOo
> debian mirror and for sid:

> libfreetype6
> libgcc1

These two libs are the problem - if you build on sid, the dependencies
generated mean you have to get the sid versions of these packages.  Now, I
have copied these two .debs in to the openoffice mirror, so Woody users do
get a seemless install now, but those two libs are not Woody versions.
Gerard is trying to produce a package that will install and depend only on
packages from Woody.

The package that had to have a fix backported was debhelper (there was a bug
in dh_install that was fixed in 4.0.9).

> libstlport4.5gcc3

This is libstlport4.5 that has been compiled with gcc3 and is binary
incompatible with the package in Woody.  The soname of the library needs
changing so it can coexist with libstlport4.5.

Chris