Re: OpenOffice

[snip]
> OOo needs several tools which are too old in Potato, such as bison, to
> build.  Upstream do builds on machines with custom sets of packages
> installed, which is why they do not have the same problem.  Their
> precompiled version is installable on Potato, so you may like to try that
> out.
>
> If you're wondering why I haven't tried creating Potato packages, it is
> because I would need 10 Gig of disk space and 10 hours of build time.
>
> $ df -H
> /dev/hda5              17G   14G  3.1G  81% /
>
> Gerfried Fuchs has been attempting to build OOo packages on Woody, but
> there, one of the build dependencies for our package was too buggy and we
> had to backport a fix.  He hasn't given up yet :)
[snip]

Sorry to jump in, but I'm a bit confused.  The OpenOffice.org packages
current on http://www.linux-debian.de/openoffice installed fine on my woody
system....although I may have grabbed some packages from sid as necessary.
These were the "extra" packages that were installed upon apt-get install
openoffice.org, with lines in sources.list for the UK mirror of the OOo
debian mirror and for sid:

libfreetype6
libgcc1
libstlport4.5gcc3
openoffice.org-bin
openoffice.org-l10n-en

Are these packages the ones that are too out of date to build or install OOo
on woody?

I'm just looking for a sanity check here.  :)

Thanks,
David Richmond
Beaverton, OR
drich@symphonicman.com