Re: mutt's thread editing (was Re: Thread stealing )

> | Of course, we all wish they'd stop doing that, but there will always be
> | people who do. Mutt's thread editing patch works wonders for this. It's
> | included by default in mutt 1.4. Then you can just hit '#' on the
> | offending messages and voila! It breaks the thread.

I would continue to chastise them for it.  At least a few will learn.
Otherwise a thousand readers need to restitch threads for every poster
that does that.  It is rude of them to abuse the audience that way.

> Unfortunately it doesn't ...
>     /me goes to get a "screen shot" of the error message
> oh, look, 1.4 now supports '#' and '&' for maildir folders!
>
> (1.3 only supported thread-breaking in mbox and mmdf folders)

Oh happy day!  Because you brought this to my attention if have
updated.  'apt-get install mutt'  It is a beautiful thing.

Bob