Re: OpenOffice

On Fri, Jun 21, 2002 at 12:12:53PM +1000, John Griffiths wrote:
> potato users left out again?

Unfortunately, yes.

OOo needs several tools which are too old in Potato, such as bison, to
build.  Upstream do builds on machines with custom sets of packages
installed, which is why they do not have the same problem.  Their
precompiled version is installable on Potato, so you may like to try that
out.

If you're wondering why I haven't tried creating Potato packages, it is
because I would need 10 Gig of disk space and 10 hours of build time.

$ df -H
/dev/hda5              17G   14G  3.1G  81% /

Gerfried Fuchs has been attempting to build OOo packages on Woody, but
there, one of the build dependencies for our package was too buggy and we
had to backport a fix.  He hasn't given up yet :)

For the latest information about our packages, and a list of available
mirrors, see:

http://www.linux-debian.de/openoffice

Chris Halls
OpenOffice.org packaging team