Re: wheel mouse wheel not working

On Tue, 2002-06-25 at 19:31, Helgi Örn wrote:
> On Tue, 2002-06-25 at 19:44, Vikki Roemer wrote:
> > My version of XFree86 is 3.3.5 .
> >
> >  From my /etc/X11/XF86Config file:
> >
> > Section "Pointer"
> >    Protocol        "IntelliMouse"
> >    Device          "/dev/mouse"
> >    BaudRate        1200
> >    Emulate3Timeout 50
> >    Resolution      200
> > EndSection
> >
> > Was that the right file?  It looks different than what everyone else is
> > posting.
> >
> Hi again!
> No wonder our files look different than yours, you are using a very old
> version of the XFree86 server! Is that Debian Potato or even an older
> version you installed?
> Anyway; this is how is used to look like in my /etc/Xf86Config file in
> the days of the XF86 3.3.6 server:
> --
> Section "Pointer"
>   Protocol		"IMPS/2"
>   Device		"/dev/psaux"
>   SampleRate		60
>   BaudRate		1200
>   ZAxisMapping          4    5
>   Buttons               3
> EndSection
> --
> And it used to work in Debian, Slackware, SuSE, Storm, Mandrake and
> RedHat...:-)
>
> Cheers,
> Helgi Örn
By the way: with the older versins of the XF86 server (before 4.*) you
need to have the imwheel program installed and if I remember it right I
think that it needs to be started manually the first time. Just write
imwheel at a promt and it starts.
I even think that you need to put a imwheel & into some init file to
meke it start every time you log into X but perhaps someone else
remembers this better than me??

Cheers,
HÖ

--
~~~~ <http://www.sacred-eagle.com/> ~~~~
~~~~~~ Gnupg signature ID 83AC4814 ~~~~~