Re: wheel mouse wheel not working

My version of XFree86 is 3.3.5 .

>From my /etc/X11/XF86Config file:

Section "Pointer"
   Protocol        "IntelliMouse"
   Device          "/dev/mouse"
   BaudRate        1200
   Emulate3Timeout 50
   Resolution      200
EndSection

Was that the right file?  It looks different than what everyone else is posting.

Jeremy Turner wrote:
On Mon, 2002-06-24 at 16:47, Vikki Roemer wrote:

Hi!
I've been using Debian for about a week now, and during that time I've
been trying to get my mouse to work properly,  but I can't.

I have a PS/2 Microsoft Wheel Mouse.  Since it's possible to click with
the wheel button as well as scroll, I was hoping I could use it as a
third button as well as a scroll wheel.  However, I can't even get the
wheel to even scroll, much less click.

I downloaded and installed IMWheel, and followed the instuctions, but it
still doesn't work.  I've also read everything I can find about
configuring mice, but nothing has been helpful.  Maybe I'm just not
understanding the instructions?  (This is all pretty heavy-duty for
someone who just came from Windows 9x (but it's worth it), so it's
highly likely that I'm just misunderstanding most of the manuals.)

Hello and welcome to Debian!  It's a little tough in the beginning, but
it does eventually get easier as you understand how to work with the
whole process and configuration of things.

You might post your XF86Config-4 with the exact input section that your
mouse is in.  That helps a lot.

With a wheel mouse, you don't need any of the emulate 3 mouse buttons
(since you have 3 mouse buttons).  Also, to get scrolling, you will want
to add a line like:

Option      "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"

Which reminds me... what version of XFree86 are you using?  I'm using
4.1.  Here is my mouse section for my USB mouse:

# USB Mouse
Section "InputDevice"
	Identifier  "USBMouse"
	Driver      "mouse"
	Option      "Protocol" "ImPS/2"
	Option      "Device" "/dev/input/mice" #change for PS/2
	Option      "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
EndSection

HTH,
Jeremy