Re: wheel mouse wheel not working

* Vikki Roemer (vikki@2khiway.net) [020625 09:37]:
> My version of XFree86 is 3.3.5 .
>
> From my /etc/X11/XF86Config file:
>
> Section "Pointer"
>   Protocol        "IntelliMouse"
>   Device          "/dev/mouse"
>   BaudRate        1200
>   Emulate3Timeout 50
>   Resolution      200
> EndSection
>
> Was that the right file?  It looks different than what everyone else is
> posting.

I notice you said you were using /dev/gpmdata. IMO, that's the right
thing to do. It's the only thing to do if you also want to be able to
use your mouse on the text consoles as well as in X. If not, just remove
gpm and use /dev/psaux. To keep gpm around and use X, and use the wheel,
make your gpm.conf look like this:

device=/dev/psaux
responsiveness=
repeat_type=raw