Re: wheel mouse wheel not working

On Mon, 2002-06-24 at 23:47, Vikki Roemer wrote:
> Hi!
> I've been using Debian for about a week now, and during that time I've
> been trying to get my mouse to work properly,  but I can't.
>
> I have a PS/2 Microsoft Wheel Mouse.  Since it's possible to click with
> the wheel button as well as scroll, I was hoping I could use it as a
> third button as well as a scroll wheel.  However, I can't even get the
> wheel to even scroll, much less click.
>
> I downloaded and installed IMWheel, and followed the instuctions, but it
> still doesn't work.  I've also read everything I can find about
> configuring mice, but nothing has been helpful.  Maybe I'm just not
> understanding the instructions?  (This is all pretty heavy-duty for
> someone who just came from Windows 9x (but it's worth it), so it's
> highly likely that I'm just misunderstanding most of the manuals.)

Hi!
You do not need the IMWheel program installed. I have this very same
mouse, in the file /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 the pointer part looks like
this:
--
Section "InputDevice"
	Identifier	"Configured Mouse"

Cheers,
Helgi Örn

--
~~~~ <http://www.sacred-eagle.com/> ~~~~
~~~~~~ Gnupg signature ID 83AC4814 ~~~~~