DHCP client stopped getting responses from ATTBI server

Hello,

I had my home system on a cable modem with AT&T Broadband
as a provider for about a year. Everything worked perfectly
well, until about a week ago they must have switched the
DHCP server. Now my dhclient gets no DHCPOFFERS at all!!!

I also happen to have a working WinNT installation on the
same box. Mysteriously, it has no troubles connecting to
DHCP server and obtaining a lease. Unfortunately, I don't
know how to get more DHCP details from NT.

If I get the IP number, the gateway, etc. as obtained
by NT and use it to statically configure the newtork
under Debian then everything works fine.
However, it is hardly a proper way to configure a
dynamic host :-(

I have been using dhcp-client all this time and I
did not change anything when they switched the server.
Since it stopped working, I also tried dhcp3-client with
no success either.

It seems to me that the server either gives out buggy
messages (with which NT client copes up), or that the server
requires some identification (which NT client possesses).

I would be most grateful if someone taught me how to diagnose
the problem. For example, how do I find out the exact strings
my NT client sends/receives?

Trying Debian dhcping produces no response from server,
so I favor the latter hypothesis (identification).

Please help!
Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Alex

--
Alexander Roitman
Dept. of Neuroscience, Lions Research Building