Re: Unidentified subject!

Noble Obi wrote:
help! my debian is overwritten by win 2000, and i dont have any boot diskettes to revive it. can anyone out there help me?

istvan

I assume you mean that your boot loader (lilo, grub) was overwritten, not the entire Debian system.

In such a case, you'll need some method of booting into Debian. Boot floppies are out, as you don't have any. A bootable Debian CD would be dandy. At the lilo prompt, enter something like:
	linux root=/dev/hda2
where /dev/hda2 is your root (/) partition for Debian.

If you don't have a Debian CD, download a Tom's Root Boot diskette image, or something similar.

IIRC, someone else had a similar question just last week or the week before, so you might want to look at the Debian Mail Archives.

Kent