Re: 2X CD's as emulated scsi

On Thu, 2002-06-20 at 18:16, G. L. `Griz' Inabnit wrote:

> 	I just noticed this thread. VMWare definitely WILL install VMTools with an
> emulated SCSI drive. I've done it time and again. But, foremost, which
> version of VMWare are you running??? From 3.0 and up, VMTools are built INTO
> VMWare!! You don't need to install from a CD-ROM.
> 	Beside that point, where is  /dev/cdrom  pointed now?

/dev/cdrom points at /dev/sr0
VMware is version 3.1.1 build-1790.
With W2k as guest OS you have to initiate the vmwaretools installation
from the menu Settings -> VMware Tools Install, from that point it is
supposed to install automatically from a simulated CD-ROM (I can see the
files if I open D:\) but it only starts the installation and then it
dissappears and I keep getting the message *vmwaretools is not
installed*. I can initiate D:\setup\Setup.exe and the same thing
happens.
Yes vmwaretools are included in the program but not inside the guest OS.

Cheers,
HÖ

--
~~~~ <http://www.sacred-eagle.com/> ~~~~
~~~~~~ Gnupg signature ID 83AC4814 ~~~~~