Re: kernel upgrade to 2.4.18 [Solved]

On Thu, Jun 20, 2002 at 11:54:26AM -0500, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
> >>"Paul" == Paul E Condon <pecondon@quiknet.com> writes:
>

>  Paul> The given recipe is:
>
>  Paul> apt-get install kernel-sources-2.4.18

Also here, the tarball must be untarred, which I figured out myself, and

there must be a softlink
/usr/src/linux that points to
/usr/src/kernel-sources-2.4.18,
which was pointed out to me by Griz Inabnit

I am thinking about a wish-list suggestion that would save future newbies
from this, but haven't worked it out yet.

Thanks

Paul E Condon
pecondon@quiknet.com