IBM ViaVoice on Woody --> Always Segmentation Fault

Hi,
We bought the IBM ViaVoice Speech Recognition software  for Linux.
To my surprise [maybe not ;-( ] it came in form of rpm files.  So I used
alien and everything installed perfictly fine/smoth - no problem.
But then staring it  ...
The seems seems to use Java with some custom/binary java-modules.
It just crashes with SegFault.

We have a debian woody system  and I also found out about the needed
libstdc++2.9-glibc2.1
Then I tried all different kinds of java.
(1.1.8 , 1.3, ibm-1.1.8,  and now the 1.2.2 RC4 version from blackdown.org)

I found at least one posting  from Feb 17, 2002 on  the emacspeak mailing
list
report success.
But somehow I'm missing something here...

Thanks,
Sebastian Haase
University of California, San Francisco