Re: kernel upgrade to 2.4.18 [Solved]

On Thu, 20 Jun 2002, Paul E Condon wrote:

[snip]

> Also here, the tarball must be untarred, which I figured out myself, and

Sorry - forgot that step!

> there must be a softlink
> /usr/src/linux that points to
> /usr/src/kernel-sources-2.4.18,
> which was pointed out to me by Griz Inabnit

No, you do not need such a link. It works fine to compile in
/usr/src/kernel-sources-2.4.18. If you prefer to compile in /usr/src/linux
then you need the link. If you prefer to compile in /usr/src/disneyland
then you need a symlink there.

clists@perrin.socsci.unc.edu * andrew_perrin (at) unc.edu