Re: ntpdate troubles

So I would guess this means that you cannot get to the machine
you are ntpdate'ing against.  You showed that it worked when you
did it against ntp.apple.com.  I assume that it also works when
you debug it by hand?  If so, I would guess that Joris'
suggestion is a good one:

  Joris> on my machine, I haven't got ntpdate to work out the
  Joris> hostnames of any ntp server. I just pinged them, copied
  Joris> the ip's and dpkg-reconfigure'd ntp to look for the
  Joris> ip's. It has worked ever since.

I have just tried

ntpdate 17.254.0.26

and I got exactly the same error message
(17.254.0.26 is the ip btained via ping for ntp.apple.com)

Very strange !